Sigma stand @ Focus on imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma stand @ Focus on imagine

Hi Folks, I would like you opinion on the following lense. While I have been saving up for some L series lens. I was dissappointed to find that canonwere not at the above show!!! Anyway I went to the Sigma stand and had a demo of their 150mm-500dg lens. I admit I was well impressed and all for £750!!!!(APO 150-500F5-6.3DG HSM)
    Alun

Re: Sigma stand @ Focus on imagine

I'm fairly pleased with my Sigma 120-400; it's quite big and heavy although not as big or heavy as the 150-500. If you can live with it's size and weight then go for it. It came "top" in a couple of group tests I have seen. The main draw-back is the slow max. aperture of f/6.3 at the long end.- But one test said that on the Canon body they were using, auto focus was still achieved. ( And no, it wasn't a "1" series.)

Comment

A mate of mine has the 150-500mm Sigma and he says it a very good lens but he stops short of trying to pan with it as its just a little to large and heavy.
      My friends call me Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Alun100 View Post
        Hi Folks, I would like you opinion on the following lense. While I have been saving up for some L series lens. I was dissappointed to find that canonwere not at the above show!!! Anyway I went to the Sigma stand and had a demo of their 150mm-500dg lens. I admit I was well impressed and all for £750!!!!(APO 150-500F5-6.3DG HSM)
        Bye Bye Canon Hello Sigma

I was there to day and like you was dissapointed Canon were not there, I bought a Sigma 120-400mm

Comment

A mate of mine told me Canon pulled out as they where being charged more per foot than anyone else.
          My friends call me Woody

Comment

I was there on Monday No Canon but still plenty to do.
            Is this not the lense you would want?

Coda
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Zed one View Post
              A mate of mine told me Canon pulled out as they where being charged more per foot than anyone else.
              It strikes me that canon would have enough clout to tell the organisers whats what!!! However I was on the Sigma stand and one of their more mature staff was talking to old customers of his and mentioned that canon prefer their Pro weekends, where there are only canon fans and no one else to lower the prices!!!!!
              Alun

Comment

I have the Sigma 150 - 500. It autofocuses because it tells the camera it is 5.6. You can't beat the value for money
                40D, 70D. 400 5.6, 70-200 2.8IS, 17-50 2.8, 150 2.8 Macro, EOS-M3

Comment

Working...
                X