DPP 3.11.4.10 - Digital Lens Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP 3.11.4.10 - Digital Lens Optimizer

I have downloaded latest version of DPP 3.11.4.10 - and one of the 'new' fetaures is Digital Lens Optimizer' (sic).

Is this something that is just done automatically for every image as I cannot seem to find this fetaure on any of the menus or edit tabs.

Or does it only appear for images from certain camera models? I am currently using EOS60D and 24-105 L.

Anyone got any info on how this works? The press release certainly 'bigs it up' so it would be nice to see what effect it has!

Thanks

Re: DPP 3.11.4.10 - Digital Lens Optimizer

Hi Goudurix,

I read one press release and assumed it was a camera specific release, for the 5D MkIII only!

Some articles on the net are asking if the software is backwards compatible.

I would have thought it would at least include the 1DX?
    Last edited by JaKS_Foto; 04-03-2012, 07:40.
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I read the articles and it seems to be an inbuilt feature that improves the sharpness - more lens orientated than body. There are no extra buttons to push and I believe that it is automatically invoked when on the NR/Lens/ALO tab and you tune using the 'lens aberation correction' feature
      ef-r

Comment

Thanks for the info - I have reinstalled a couple of previous versions of DPP for comparison and I can't tell any difference in the results! So maybe it is camera specific.

Comment

I hadn't realised that this latest version of DPP was now available for download.

At Focus-on-Imaging last week on the Canon stand, I specifically asked whether it could optimise images captured on older bodies, such as my 5D II. The Canon rep affirmed that older images were covered. What I forgot to ask is whether jpeg captures could also be processed. Perhaps that's only done in the camera?
          M Stewart
          Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

Working...
          X