Which Exif Programme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Exif Programme?

I use Opanda IExif to see information about an image which gives quite a lot of very useful detail but is there a software/programme that lists what lens has been used in addition to camera, settings etc.?

Re: Which Exif Programme?

I have Photoshop (CS5) and that shows the details, though it is pricey if thats all you want it for. I used it to gather all the information from photos (jPegs) in the end of year challenge we had.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I am not able to check at the moment but I am sure that the Canon DPP that comes with your (7D) camera does display that information. Or am I missing the point?

Comment

In DPP = CTRL-I
        ef-r

Comment

Another vote for PhotoME
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

If you want to see all the data you can get from EXIF you need ExifTool (well, Exiftool GUI for the graphical one) as that seems to have the best decoding of the maker info compared to anything else (that's the manufacturer-specific stuff in the EXIF that they don't tell you about). For example clicking on a recent photo I took then the "maker" button gives pages of data, including a camera temperature of 17C. I'd also recommend the Canon tools as they decode some of the maker stuff well, like focus points used, plus Irfanview and Exifer.

Exiftool GUI, note needs Exiftool too, instructions here:

actual download location:

Exiftool from:
            A command-line application and Perl library for reading and writing EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, makernotes and other meta information in image, audio and video files. For Windows, MacOS, and Unix systems.

(You want the Windows executable.)

Example installation:
            Make a directory called Exiftool (or whatever).
            Unzip Exiftool there
            Rename the executable from exiftool(-k).exe to exiftool.exe
            Unzip ExiftoolGUI there
            Make a Start Menu and/or Desktop shortcut to ExifToolGUI.exe

John
            Last edited by DrJon; 15-05-2012, 18:51. Reason: Added web addresses, example installation

Comment

Another vote for ExifTool ... I use it to read a GPX file (from my GPS) and set coordinates in the EXIF of CR2 files.

Also use Opanda and the Canon and Adobe stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X