Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Software Trouble

Hi All,
    Recently purchased a 700D and an having major troubles loading the Canon software.

1. When I try to run Digital Photo Professional I get the message "The program can't start because DPPDll.dll is missing from your computer. Try installing the program to fix the problem."

I have reinstalled the program a number of times with the same result.

2. Image Browser Ex gives the following message. First it loads to 80% and stops and I get the message "Failed to load properly. Verify that Silverlight is properly installed and start program again".

I have current version of Silverlight.

3. Picture Style Editor. Same as 1 above but Ucs32P.dll is missing.

I have been onto Canon and they have been no help.

I am running window 8 64bit.

I can load all the software on my wife's window 7 laptop.

Can anyone help me? Thanks Jim

Re: Canon Software Trouble

Try downloading more recent version from here:

BTW this looks suspiciously like there might be a problem:
    "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A for Windows (For users who cannot use the bundled CD)"

If it says the previous versions weren't installed and so won't install again read here:

Comment

Thanks DrJon. Have tried the above however still have the problems. I may have to get someone to my house to help with the computer.

Comment

Hi Jim

I have sent you a PM, hopefully this will resolve your problem.
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Stephen. I have sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo4444 View Post
            Thanks Stephen. I have sent you a PM.
            Hi,

I have been having the same issue with the software as well (just bought the camera myself), I have windows 7 64bit, and have tried the things you suggested above, did you find out how to resolve this finally in the end?

Thanks

Ash

Comment

Originally posted by ahoulden View Post
              Hi,

I have been having the same issue with the software as well (just bought the camera myself), I have windows 7 64bit, and have tried the things you suggested above, did you find out how to resolve this finally in the end?

Thanks

Ash

No unfortunately. Must be something with my computer. I have given up.

Comment

I have had the same problem trying to load it onto a Mac Pro. I have also downloaded the latest version from Canon website and that will not load either so I have given up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro Nori View Post
                  I have had the same problem trying to load it onto a Mac Pro. I have also downloaded the latest version from Canon website and that will not load either so I have given up too.
                  Ah, Ok, glad it is not just me... thanks.

Ash

Comment

I just bought a Canon EOS 7D but cannot properly install the software on my Windows 7 x64 Pro machine. It says it did not finish the installation properly, and DPP says that DPPDLL.dll is missing. I have been corresponding with Canon through email, but their various suggestions have not worked yet.

I have the latest version from the Canon site.
                    I have deleted all the temporary files.
                    I have turned off Kaspersky Pure Antivirus.
                    I have done a clean boot of Window 7 Pro x64.
                    I have tried to install by using the Canon DPP Updater and the disk in the optical drive.

I can install it in a computer that does not have a nice monitor, but I cannot install it in my best machine.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

racast53

Comment

Try downloading it from here and put it in your system32 folder

Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

I have the same problem with imagebrowser, despite having installed Silverlight at 80% it will not go any further and says Silverlight needs installing or updating. I have the canon camcorder Legria HF R56 and have yet to see how to upload the videos. I still use zoombrowser to view my photos, pity Canon have not sorted their software out to work with Windows 7.
                        EOS 50E with Tamron EF lense 28-200mm, EOS 760D, EOS 650D, Canon EFS lense 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM and Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM, and Canon flashgun 380EX

Comment

Working...
                        X