Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10

Simple question is it worth upgrading to windows 10,(running windows 7 at the moment)and does all your original software and files still remain where i can find them when download and installation has been done??

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Windows 10

I upgraded from windows 10 from windows 7 and I much prefer the new windows, however as my files are all stored on an external hard drive and the only program I really use is CS6 I took the opportunity for a full clean install of windows 10 all I had to do then was re-install CS6. So I can't comment on whether it keeps your files in the same place. AndyA to that option and as far as I know it went smoothly and everything was still there when the upgrade had finished.
    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
    Facebook
    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

I switched to 10 when I set up the dedicated photography pc, primarily to keep the support for as long as possible as I find it really annoying when you go to update something and a chain reaction of upgrades starts. It's not bad at all and while different from 7, it's not so different that you are left scratching your head. I left my original machine on 7 though, because I suspect that it would creak under the pressure of an update being a core2 with only 4gb of ram.
      Paul

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I will get this weekend out of the way then upgrade on monday when all my images have being sent out, I don't want to do it before just incase things go wrong.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
          Thanks guys.
          I will get this weekend out of the way then upgrade on monday when all my images have being sent out, I don't want to do it before just incase things go wrong.

Paul
          I know what you mean I waited 2 weeks as I had a wedding and thought I would wait just incase it messed up and I was unable to process the shots

Flickr
          Facebook

Comment

I changed a fair while back and found no problems finding things after, skype doesn't seem to work properly, but other than that ok.
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by paulr5604 View Post
              I know what you mean I waited 2 weeks as I had a wedding and thought I would wait just incase it messed up and I was unable to process the shots
              Thanks Paul

My only worry is if dropbox fails as its all setup with different people Editors/photographers who get chance to upload my sports images.
              Will be embarrassing if i have to ask them all to link me back into their dropbox accounts?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                I changed a fair while back and found no problems finding things after, skype doesn't seem to work properly, but other than that ok.
                Many thanks
                I'm sure it will be ok its just nice to know how other people have found it, so many thanks for your thoughts.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                  Thanks Paul

My only worry is if dropbox fails as its all setup with different people Editors/photographers who get chance to upload my sports images.
                  Will be embarrassing if i have to ask them all to link me back into their dropbox accounts?

Paul
                  I don't think that it would be a problem as dropbox is an internet service with a desktop application so as long as you don't alter the web based settings I would have thought that it should be okay but don't quote me

Flickr
                  Facebook

Comment

Update, I've found out the flikr will not work properly on Edge, you can download and create albums and all that, but you cannot grab a bbcode and copy and paste to a forum. It all works perfectly on my Bt yahoo login, I wonder if this happening on purpose to protect a product?
                    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
                      Update, I've found out the flikr will not work properly on Edge, you can download and create albums and all that, but you cannot grab a bbcode and copy and paste to a forum. It all works perfectly on my Bt yahoo login, I wonder if this happening on purpose to protect a product?
                      Edge is still pretty much a development browser IMHO so I'd say this inability to grab BB codes has more to do with not being developed yet rather than deliberately being broken.

i stopped using edge this week and installed chrome instead. Much better all round.
                      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Well I've done it

Taken about 3 hours in total to upload everything, but all seems fine so far and no problems to report as yet.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X