600D missing software discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600D missing software discs

I've bought a used 600D kit, and really enjoying learning to work it!
    I didn't get the 2 discs listed in the instruction manual, "EOS Solution Disk" & "EOS Software Instructions Manual Disk"
    Can I buy these discs or do I actually need them?
    I've got CS6 (64 bit) but unsure if this is all I need?

Re: 600D missing software discs

You should be able to download the software from either Canon UK or Canon USA I would try the USA site first as I find the navigation easier on that site just look for the camera model and you should find what you're looking for
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by jacksdad View Post
      I've bought a used 600D kit, and really enjoying learning to work it!
      I didn't get the 2 discs listed in the instruction manual, "EOS Solution Disk" & "EOS Software Instructions Manual Disk"
      Can I buy these discs or do I actually need them?
      I've got CS6 (64 bit) but unsure if this is all I need?
      Can't remember exactly whats on the disks but as well as Canons DPP raw file converter they do include a Picture Style editor for creating your own custom picture styles, software for remote shooting via PC/laptop, a picture collection manager (Zoom browser/image browser, whichever is the current option) and various bits of software that allow you to edit some in-camera data such as owners name etc.

Although I have the software loaded onto my PC I rarely use it. DPP may come out on occasion for certain specific tasks but beyond that I tend to use Photoshop all the way so it is possible to live without it.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I still have the disks for my 550D which is very similar. I contains DPP, the EOS Utility, Photostitch and a Picture Style editor. The second disk contains the DPP manual.

You're welcome to borrow them if you can't find what you need online. PM me your postal address.
        Russell
        Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

You should find what you need here

Comment

Working...
          X